After dropping the kids off at school last week, I scooted home, appreciating the sun shining on my face, and the spring flowers in full bloom around me.
I felt this wonderful feeling of contentment mixed with hope and excitement. As the emotion flooded through me, like sunshine floods your bedroom when you open your curtains on a sunny morning. I realised I hadn’t felt this sense of calm and simple joy for a long time. In this moment I realised I had got myself to a really happy point. The stuff that had landed in my head post treatment, that I found hard to deal with, has been processed. Decisions I found hard to make, have been made. A new chapter is most definitely underway. One of the outcomes of this is, that it is time to blog no more. This is my last post. So cheers!
Now uncertainty is still an unwanted bedfellow, and I am worried that I will tempt fate by stating a last post, but that is just silly, and so here it is.
This blog was always for my beautiful boys. Who I am unashamedly proud of and biased about 😂. So it feels right to close this blog talking to them.
So boys, as you go through life, accept shit will happen. People say that the only certainty in life is death. Well, I think there are more certainty’s than that. One of them being that there will be tough times in your life. So what’s mummy’s 5 things she wants to tell you…
- Please always find the light in the darkest of moments. It is always there if you look hard enough. It is what will make you a stronger, better and happier person in the long run.
- Remember your life is made up of your choices, take ownership of that and build a good life. Not all the choices will be the right ones, and that is ok, as long as you know it’s yours to fix.
- Don’t rely on others to make you happy, only you can do that (remembering it is ok to be sad sometimes too). Take the time to understand yourself and be brave enough to walk your own path.
- Do not judge other people, you don’t know their story and it’s not nice.
- Be Kind. To others, but also to yourself.
And to everyone who has read this blog, who has supported me through this experience, and made me never feel alone. I leave you with someone’s else’s words. Those of the wonderful Tim Minchin, and his 9 life lessons speech, that I must have watched at least four times over the past 12 months. I hope u enjoy it as much as I have, although I am sure many of you have already seen it, watch it again!
Love, health and happiness to you all x
One Reply to “30. Thank you all x”
Best of luck for the future and wishing you continuing good health x